A Bit More About Us
Specialists in the Art of African Travel
Established in 1918, Trans Africa Safaris is one of the oldest tour companies in Africa. The company is family owned and operated. The late Brian Paterson joined the company in 1954, and today his three daughters, Jennifer, Beverley and Lesley are actively involved in all aspects of the business.
André Botha, director of marketing and sales, joined the business in 1994 and is married to Lesley.
The management team with over 150 collective years of experience, knowledgeable and personable consultants, and expert guides come together to ensure a holiday of the highest order.
Our core markets are North America, Latin America and Australia.
Several years back, we were featured in Travel & Leisure in an article titled “The World on a Platter” where were identified as an expert in providing tailor-made trips where creativity, personalized service and highly specialized offerings are key ingredients.
Trans Africa Safaris does not own any properties and, being totally independent, always suggests properties that we feel are best suited to each client. We are a boutique operator with a team that boasts a great work ethic and always strives to provide individualized and personal attention.
Over the years, we have personally welcomed thousands of guests to Southern Africa and our homes. Many have become close friends and we certainly look forward to welcoming many new visitors to the world’s most exciting destination.
Our primary goal remains “to create tours that are as enjoyable as they are educational and offer the finest services and accommodation available.”
In a nutshell, our company’s endeavours can be captured in just three words …
Experience. Service. Passion.
Some noticeable achievements ….
- In 1987, we were chosen as the first Virtuoso inbound operator for South Africa
- In 2000, we joined Signature Travel Network as a preferred destination specialist for South Africa
- Amex preferred operator since 2012
- Travel Leaders preferred operator since 2012
- World Travel Awards finalist in 2012 & 2013 – category: Best Luxury Tour Operator in South Africa
- Finalist in the Western Cape Exporter of the Year competition in 2012 & 2013
Below is a list of a few other things we can do. This list is by no means finite, as whatever special request you may have, we’ll endeavor to satisfy.
- Special/private wine tastings with wine-maker or sommelier
- Chef’s kitchen in select hotels or restaurants
- Private garden visits
- Meet the South Africans Evening – private home dinner
- Guest speakers – range from economy, political, social issues, sport, motivational
- Special Trans Africa Safaris amenities – some of which are with hotels/lodges
- Access to prominent local persons
- Specialist guides – field guides, photographic or special interest
- Unique touches – travel with us to experience these touches!
To be an inspired team who secure the trust of travel agents and travelers by providing service excellence.
Providing travel agents and their clients with services that consistently exceed expectations, whilst simultaneously ensuring a real return for all stakeholders. Also, providing an invigorating work environment that allows the Trans Africa Safaris team to excel.
- Efficient / quick turn-around time consistently
- Provide highly customized trips – aligned to the level required by the client
- Accurate information and informative advice about the trip
- Reduce worry and hassles of travel
- Personalized service that exceeds clients’ expectations
- We want to always help and provide a valuable service
- Loyalty to our clients and suppliers
- Resolve any issues that may arise as a matter of urgency
- Provide a life-enriching travel experience